We are so glad you found your way to Saint Mark's Episcopal Church. If you are new to the Episcopal Church or new to St. Mark’s then we are looking for you and would love to get to know you.
COVID-19 INFO: BELOW YOU WILL FIND RESOURCES FOR OUR "VIRTUAL CHURCH" - LINKS TO THE SERVICES AND GATHERINGS ARE IN THE BOX TO THE RIGHT
A few notes:
* Sunday Service begins at 10:30am and the meeting remains open afterwards for a "virtual" coffee hour.
* Invite your friends and neighbors.
* Sunday services are recorded and posted on the Website (below)
* Links and information are always found here on the websiteBulletin: Sunday Service of Morning Prayer >
Worship and Children Information
Pledges and Gifts:
We remain so grateful for your support and thank you for your continued contributions! You may drop off checks at the office or mail them. Click on the Donate Now button (to your right) and you will be allowed to make a one time or recuring gift.
I will not be making pastoral visits except on a case by case basis. This decision is especially hard for me but given my exposure from my wife’s vocation, it seems prudent for me to enforce this social distancing. Please call, text or email with any pastoral concerns/emergencies, and we will decide how best to approach it.
SPECIAL FOOD PANTRY INFORMATION
The Botetourt Food Pantry will operate at normal hours Saturday 9:30-12:00. But the distibution will be done as a drive thru process. Clients will be asked to stay in their cars and volunteers will bring the food out to you. Food will be already boxed up. We ask clients and volunteers to stay home if you have any symptoms. We appreciate your patience. We want to keep our volunteers and clients safe.
24 May 2020
SENT VIA EMAIL AND MAIL
Dear Parish Family:
We are writing about our plans to regather for public worship.
Our tentative date for regathering for Sunday worship in our sanctuary is July 26th.
We arrived at this date after much prayer and consideration from a variety of sources (medical, government, Bishop Mark, and Willis’ work with Rectors of like size Parishes). We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.
The Phase I plan for regathering calls for one service on July 26th at 10:30 am and adhering to strict social distancing guidelines. We will offer live streaming for those who cannot attend. We hope to use the Zoom platform for live streaming because of its effectiveness in allowing most of us to remain connected. More details will be coming as we get closer to regathering.
We will review our timetable and plan at the June 16th Vestry meeting, and as with the everchanging flow of information, we will adjust if needed.
We are excited about what this summer holds for us:
1. Beginning Sunday May 24th, we will have Seminarian Matt Rossi with us. Matt will continue the pattern of life of our previous seminarians, except in a virtual format.
2. We will continue with our Zoom Schedule: Sunday at 10:30 am, Wednesday at 7:30 pm, Thursday Brown Bag Bible Study at 12:00 pm.
3. Our Pandemic Support Zoom will continue to meet
4. Willis will begin making some “porch” pastoral visits, please call or email him if you want to talk. Cell: 434-409-7433 // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. In June, Gina will phase back into working at the Ministry Center and if you come by, then please wear a mask inside the building.
6. A new Campus Master Plan. Ron and Ola Manley’s leadership gift for the Memorial sparked the formation of a campus plan. We want your feedback and input. More to come in the next week.
We continue to pray for your safety and well-being. We are grateful for you and our church family.
Willis Logan Mike Parish Patti Suite
Rector Senior Warden Associate Warden
Please join us "online"
(Clicking the above will take you to the "zoom" website and you will have to download the software)